About 170 prospective jurors, scheduled to go to Mesa County District Court Monday, have been notified not to appear until Nov. 15.
The notifications were made by Mesa County District Court Friday, after a week’s continuance was granted in the Kenneth H. Botham murder trial at the request of Public Defender Lee Foreman.
Foreman asked for the continuation Friday, after Dist. Atty. Terrance Farina presented a three-page typewritten statement of new evidence which Dist. Judge William Ela called “possibly significant.” Foreman said he wanted to consult with his client, Botham, on that evidence.
Some witnesses who had been subpoenaed to appear on Monday also were contacted and told they need not appear.
Previous / Next
Return to Article List